Chesapeake House World Famous Fish Stew Recipe
If you have been to the Chesapeake House, then you should be familiar with our legendary (and complimentary) fish stew! We decided to share our family recipe with y'all so that you can enjoy it year round. Be careful as it is highly addicting. You have been warned!
- 3 pound flounder filet
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 14 ounce bottle of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tablespoon celery salt
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fry the bacon. Remove bacon from pan and brown onions in drippings. Place 5 cups of water in separate large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Pour onions and drippings into water, add fish, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook fish until completely done.
- Add ketchup and tomato paste. Cook on simmer for two hours. Serve over rice.
To make milder or hotter, add or subtract Tobasco as desired.
Yields: Approximately 1 gallon of stew.